Head of Projects
- Are you a PM looking for career advancement?
- Opportunity to build a PMO
- Penrose location
Our client is a highly innovative, established, technology start-up with a suite of ground-breaking products. With New Zealand roots, our client is currently expanding at an impressive rate world-wide, and are entering an exciting new chapter in their journey.
The role of the Head of Projects is to provide leadership and work within a strategic context, to manage and deliver large, complex, critical projects on time, to budget, to the agreed scope to realise the identified benefits. In the initial stages of employment you will be responsible for improving processes and setting up project structure, and putting governance into place. You will provide leadership and management to two Project Managers and a procurement and logistics Officer. Projects will involve the deployment of software and technical solutions to our clients, clients.
Some of the specific responsibilities include:
- Proactively drive the projects to achieve the business outcomes defined in the business case (including benefits, scope, time-line and budget), escalate any potential variation.
- Tracking and managing project financials and escalate issues as appropriate
- Identifying areas for continuous activity improvement/mitigate loss
- Leading the project team by enabling others, sharing knowledge/expertise and collaboration
- Vendor management
You will be a seasoned Project Manager, in s senior capacity and ready to take your next step to managing a project function and be responsible for staff management. You will have very strong project planning and financials skills. You will have strong attention to detail and be happy to be in the middle of the detailed planning. Although our client has been established in the market for 10 years, they could be likened to a tech start up so you will be happy to work in an ever changing landscape and be flexible in your approach.
Additionally, you will be well adept in:
- Managing multiple projects with changing demands and priorities
- Tracking and manage project financials
- Effectively deliver project deliverables within agreed scope, timeframe and budget
- Ideally ITIL and project management certified
- Developing and negotiating with external and internal stakeholders
- Customer focused
If you are ready for your next challenge in an exciting and growing business and wanting to take true ownership of a project team pleas apply by emailing your resume in Word format to email@example.com, quoting Ref. No. 9B/36496 in the subject line.
Want to talk first? Contact Tom Derbyshire, Manager - Technology & Digital Auckland, on 09 977 9853