South Island Establishment Manager
- Exciting Opportunity in an Innovative Organisation
- Unique Position to Expand the Work of the Asia New Zealand Foundation
- Looking for a Self-Starter with Excellent Relationship Management Skills
The Asia New Zealand Foundation Te Whītau Tūhono was founded in 1994 as a non-profit, non-partisan organisation dedicated to building New Zealand's links with Asia. The Foundation's mission is to equip New Zealanders to thrive in Asia. It works in the areas of business, education, media, arts, research and Track II non-government diplomacy, entrepreneurship, leadership development and sport.
The Foundation has delivered on many of its objectives and is now looking to establish a presence in the South Island. As the Establishment Manager based in Christchurch for this three year fixed term position, you will take responsibility for scoping the Foundation presence in Christchurch while co-ordinating and supporting representation activities throughout the South Island. You will focus on the Foundation's business programme while supporting the work across the organisation to equip New Zealanders to thrive in Asia and ensure that it is visible to existing and new South Island stakeholders.
You will have:
- A relevant tertiary qualification or equivalent experience with the business sector or in commercial roles
- A good understanding of the South Island business environment with established business networks
- Links to Asia where living or working the region would be advantageous
- Exceptional attention to detail and organisational skills with demonstrable project management or programme delivery experience
- Excellent communication skills and the confidence to work independently and to drive the establishment of a programme of work
If you are hungry for a new challenge and excited about the prospect of making a real difference to the lives of others this is an outstanding opportunity to be on the ground involved in the establishment of the Foundation's presence in the South Island!
Apply via this website or for a confidential discussion, please contact Katie Stewart on 03 977 8596. Closing date for applications is Monday 18th November 2019.