Senior Policy Advisor
- Help drive economic recovery for New Zealand
- Leading the development of new cross government work programmes
- Join a growing policy branch that supports work life balance & professional deve
This key central government Ministry works to deliver outcomes to New Zealand's economic sector and provide advice on important issues. This particular team looks at productive and sustainable growth of one on New Zealand's key industries with work programmes across multiple outcomes. As Senior Policy Advisor you will have opportunities to work on a range of policy projects and operate with a flexible approach as your priorities and demands shift during the day.
- Identifying what is important for the policy area in the medium and long term while balancing varying policy agendas and priorities
- Producing high quality written advice in the form of reports, cabinet papers, briefings and correspondence often under tight timeframes.
- Navigating effectively and flexibly through policy advisory processes and cabinet requirements.
- Lead multiple pieces of work utilizing resources and capability of the team to deliver high quality policy outputs.
- Liaising and consulting with key stakeholders to secure their engagement and maintain successful working relationships.
Skills and Experience
- Strong strategic analysis and core policy skills with a track record of delivering durable policy options.
- Working knowledge of policy frameworks to identify policy problems and assess the options.
- Proficient in your ability to think of solutions and fresh ideas, while remaining at ease when faced with ambiguous situations.
- Strong initiative to manage conflicts, risks and coordinate multiple concurrent work programmes.
- Sound decision making capabilities utilizing analysis, experience and judgement to form reliable resolutions.
If you thrive in a busy environment, this is a fantastic chance to develop your policy career in an agency with excellent professional development opportunities. This team has capability to support a Policy Advisor looking to take the next step as well as the breadth of work to challenge a seasoned Senior Advisor.
How to Apply
If you are interested in this role please click apply. If you have further questions please contact Claire Hogan on email@example.com or 0210545744 for a confidential discussion.