UI Designer - Innovative Experiences
- A mature and high performing design function
- Excellent design leadership
- CBD location
What's on offer?
If you're a passionate UI designer, a role like this does not come around often. A role with this organisation speaks volumes on your CV and you will be exposed to some of the most innovative UI design work available in Auckland. On top of this you will also receive:
- Fantastic base salary + additional perks.
- Highly experienced design leadership.
- the chance to make an impact to the lives of 100,000's of Kiwis.
- Work on future-facing projects (no more BAU work, yay!).
- A well-known organisation known for staff development and progression.
What will you be doing?
- Create wireframes and high-fidelity prototypes to demonstrate concepts to the wider team.
- Deliver designs and flows that communicate a consistent, effective & innovative experiences.
- Collaborate to help create and evolve new design components.
- Utilise user insights, analytics, best practice, competitor analysis to inform design decisions.
- Inspire and encourage squad members with the latest and greatest design and digital thinking practice.
- Work in a cross-functional team, collaborating to define the digital experience and champion the voice of the customer.
- Champion best UI aesthetic, innovation and design practises.
- You will be designing new digital experiences across web, with occasional app design work.
The skills needed to succeed in this role?
- Ability to collaborate with fellow members in a multi-disciplinary squad.
- Able to present compelling presentations to teams, and develop purposeful presentations.
- Able to speak up and articulate the thinking behind design decisions is essential.
- Exposure to user-testing and journey-mapping workshops would be great, however, is not a major component of this role. Understanding of the tools involved is a must.
- High levels of organisation with the ability to work on one or two key projects at a time.
- Strong Experience in designing interfaces and flows, prototyping and validation.
- Expert knowledge of design tools such as Sketch, Figma, XD, Invision.
- A design-related tertiary qualification is highly regarded, but a high-quality portfolio of design work is more important.
If you'd like to find out more about this role, get in touch at firstname.lastname@example.org or 0272001106