Information Security Officer
- Lead role within an exciting financial services organisation
- Control and autonomy of IS practices
- Great culture, office location and benefits
About the company
Our client is an award-winning financial services firm with a strong track record delivering to New Zealand customers. With modern offices near the beach, and a strong compensation/benefits scheme, our client is a highly desirable organisation to work for.
About the role
This role will report directly through to the COO and will be responsible for understanding the business information security requirements, prioritisation of IT Security projects and developing a risk-based security culture within the organisation.
Some of your responsibilities will also include:
- Help establish an information security management system in alignment with business objectives to drive robust governance and risk practices.
- Establish an IS management system in alignment with company objectives
- Ensuring compliance with regulatory, legal and contractual requirements
- Convening and directing the SIRT as the primary control point during IS incidents
- Establishing a data governance structure
- Building strong relationships with third party IS teams, FMA and other regulatory bodies.
- Partner with business units to educate customers on IS best practice
- Help establish a security first mindset amongst employees
- Track information security annual budget and ensure compliance with agreed targets
You will be an experienced Information/Cyber Security professional with a strong understanding of financial institutions and regulatory requirements. You will be comfortable leading a third-party team and being the voice for information security in an organisation. You will ideally have 5+ years in a technology leadership role, and ideally be either CISSP, CRISC or CISM accredited.
You will also ideally have:
- Strong C level oral and written communicate skills, and the ability to translate complex IS terms to key stakeholders
- Demonstrated success managing multiple, complex technology projects and leading project teams both in-house and via 3rd party
- Strong business acumen, leadership skills, with the ability to build relationships and influence all levels within an organisation
- Proven ability to work with competing resources, budget limitations, and strong conflict management skills
- Ability to present information in a variety of different formats and influences all levels of the organization, including senior executives
- Demonstrated leadership skills with the ability to develop individuals to their optimal potential.
- Well versed in information security industry best practices on Cloud based environments
Submit your CV through to the relevant job portal, or email directly to email@example.com
Note: While we usually encourage overseas applicants, we are currently unable to assist without a valid Visa and travel means into the country given the COVID-19 crisis.