Business Benefits of Psychometric Testing
Psychometric testing has become a powerful tool and a proven method of delivering significant business value. Psychometric assessment ensures hiring managers select candidates based not only on their skills and experience, but also on their cultural fit and potential for growth.
Hudson’s Psychometric Testing incorporates science into the decision making process to reduce the risk of making the wrong choice about vital issues such as:
- Internal selection and recruitment
- Staff development
- Identification of high potentials
- Succession planning
- Team building
Identifying strengths and weaknesses
Understanding what motivates people and how they think, feel and react adds enormous value to the decision making process.
By measuring intellect, emotional intelligence, personality, values, motivators and interests, psychometric testing is able to identify an individual’s critical strengths and highlights their development needs.
Identifying the connections between competencies and personal qualities allows companies to select those candidates who are not only likely to perform better, but who will also be a good ‘fit’ to both company culture and role. This ‘fit’ factor, often difficult to ascertain through interviewing alone, can prove to be a major component of selecting and retaining the best people.
Close collaboration delivers outstanding results
Truly valuable psychometric testing is achieved through close collaboration. It is Hudson’s priority to consult with key stakeholders to ensure we deeply understand your company culture and the roles within it, therefore matching best practice standards with each organisation’s unique requirements.
Our range of psychometric testing is tailored, targeted, outcome-focused and commercially grounded. Any assessment we utilise is validated and tested across a range of role types and industries.
Hudson’s team of organisational psychologists will advance your use of psychometric assessment by:
- Establishing company-specific benchmark data
- Undertaking concurrent or predictive validation studies
- Undertaking high performance modelling exercises
- Incorporating behavioural assessments such as simulations or individual / team exercises
Psychometric Testing Examples
To gain a better understanding of what psychometric testing can look like, here are a few example assessment tools:
Online Assessment Hints & Tips
Before you complete your assessments, read our hints and tips:
Benefits for your Organisation
Hudson’s Psychometric Assessment Solutions are an invaluable resource for major organisations and boast many benefits, including:
- Addressing potential risk within your selection and recruitment process
- Identifying employees who are a good fit with your organisation, culture and the role
- Recognising critical strengths and highlighting development needs within your talent pool
- Discovering potential within your talent pool for succession management
- Reducing employee turnover.