By accessing Hudson websites and/or submitting your personal information to Hudson through any means, you consent to the use of your information as set out in the Policy. If you do not agree with any term of the Policy, please do not use Hudson's services or website.
COLLECTING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
The Policy relates to personal information collected by any means. It is Hudson's usual practice to collect this personal information directly from you. However, often your personal information is collected through the use of Hudson's website or in response to Hudson's printed and online advertisements. Furthermore, there may be occasions when Hudson will source personal information from an external third party, or a publicly available source. In these circumstances, Hudson will take reasonable steps where practicable to inform you that it has collected personal information from the third party.
The type of personal information we collect and use will depend on various factors such as the type of services you request or use and any applicable legal and regulatory obligations. This may include, but is not limited to, collection and use of the following kinds of information:
- Contact – information that allows us to communicate with you (e.g. e-mail, social media contact details, address, telephone number).
- Identity – information that allows us to identify you (e.g. name, date of birth, occupation, and government-issued identification).
- Professional – information that helps us to understand more about you including your employment history, qualifications, talents, skills and abilities (e.g. references, resume and qualification documents).
- Financial – information that allows Hudson to pay you should you be engaged as an employee or contractor (e.g. bank details, tax details).
- Other individuals – information we request, or that you provide, about an individual other than yourself (e.g. previous employer and referees).
- Immigration – information that allows us to verify that you are legally permitted to work (e.g. evidence of citizenship, visa or work permit documents).
As a general rule, Hudson does not collect sensitive information about you (e.g. health information) unless relevant or necessary for the purposes of providing our services to you. However, in circumstances where Hudson requires sensitive information from you, Hudson will first seek your consent to collect it.
If you do not provide information, or the information provided is insufficient or inaccurate, Hudson will be limited in its ability to provide its services to you.
USE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
Hudson collects your personal information so that Hudson may use this information to:
- Assist you in finding or retaining work;
- Assist in your career performance or management;
- Analyse human resource and labour markets;
- Send you marketing communications and information relating to our services which we think may be of interest to you;
- Develop tests and assessments in order to place you in appropriate roles;
- Pay you should you be engaged as an employee or contractor;
- Help in work rehabilitation;
- Directly market recruitment services to you (you have a right to opt-out from receiving direct marketing emails); or
- Provide you with Hudson’s services.
By accessing Hudson websites and/or submitting your personal information to Hudson through any means, you consent to the use of your information as set out above.
USE BY THIRD PARTIES
Hudson may use and disclose your personal information to third parties for the purposes it was collected, or for a related or ancillary purpose such as providing you with one of our services. Accordingly, Hudson may disclose your personal information to a number of third parties (located onshore or overseas), including but not limited to:
- Hudson's related entities;
- prospective employers;
- clients who may wish to engage your services as a contractor or temporary employee;
- Hudson suppliers or service providers, including (but not limited to) organisations that conduct competency or psychometric tests or payroll processing services on behalf of Hudson;
- your nominated referees;
- any government authority;
- any law enforcement body, including the police; or
- any educational or vocational organisations to the extent necessary to verify your qualifications.
If Hudson discloses personal information to any third party, Hudson will generally require these parties to protect such personal information in the same way that Hudson does.
Hudson is a global talent solutions company operating in approximately 20 countries. From time to time, it is likely that Hudson may need to transfer your data overseas in connection with the provision of services to you. The country or countries to which your data may be transferred is not restricted, and may include: countries within the Americas, Europe or the United Kingdom; Ireland, the People’s Republic of China (including Hong Kong); India; Singapore; Australia; New Zealand or such other countries as advised from time to time.
Hudson takes reasonable steps to ensure that the personal information it collects is accurate, up to date and complete.
In circumstances where your personal information has changed please contact the Privacy Officer, they will endeavour to update and correct the information in accordance with applicable privacy law. Hudson may also contact you from time to time to check the information is still correct.
DATA SECURITY AND STORAGE
Hudson takes reasonable steps to protect the personal information we hold from loss, unauthorised access, and misuse. The use of locks and security systems assist Hudson in protecting your personal information. Your personal information may be stored in hard copy documents, or electronically on Hudson's software or systems. When no longer required, personal information is destroyed in a secure manner or deleted.
INFORMATION COLLECTED ON HUDSON'S WEBSITE
Users are advised that there are inherent risks in transmitting information across the internet. The Internet is an open system and Hudson cannot guarantee that the personal information you submit will not be intercepted by others. Our websites may include links to external websites operated by other organisations. They may collect personal information from visitors to their site. Hudson cannot guarantee the content or privacy practices of any external websites and does not accept responsibility for those websites.
When you access Hudson's website, Hudson gathers information about users collectively. Such information includes the areas that users visit most frequently and the services users access the most. Hudson will only use such data anonymously and in the aggregate. By doing so, Hudson can optimise the services it provides to you.
Hudson may also collect personal information that individuals choose to provide via online forms or by email. Any personal information provided online is treated in the same manner as any personal information collected through other means (unless specifically outlined in this Policy).
FEEDBACK SUBMITTED TO HUDSON
Hudson websites have several areas on the site where you can submit feedback. Hudson may use this feedback for marketing purposes, or to contact you for further feedback.
CHANGES TO THIS POLICY
Hudson may change this Policy from time to time for any reason and will update the Policy accordingly.
Please contact our Privacy Officer at Hudson if you have a request relating to any of the following:
- if you would like to access, or correct, your personal information held by Hudson;
- if you would like your personal information removed from the Hudson database;
- if you would like to opt-out from receiving direct marketing e-mails; or
- any general queries relating to this Policy.
You may contact Hudson's Privacy Officer by email:
If you have a privacy related complaint, you may contact the Privacy Officer at the email address set out above. Your email should set out sufficient details of your complaint, including any alleged breach of applicable privacy law.
- The Privacy Officer must consider your complaint and will contact you within a reasonable time to advise you of their determination and/or to request further details;
- In the event that the Privacy Officer determines that there has been a breach of this Policy, the Privacy Officer will direct Hudson to take appropriate steps to rectify that breach, and will keep you informed of both the nature of the breach and the steps taken to rectify the breach.
- The Privacy Officer will keep a secure record of all complaints.
The Policy has been adopted by the following companies within the Hudson Global, Inc. group of companies: Hudson Global Resources (Aust) Pty Limited, Hudson Global Resources (NZ) Limited, Hudson Recruitment (Shanghai) Limited, Hudson Global Resources (Hong Kong) Limited and Hudson Global Resources (Singapore) Pte Limited (each and collectively ‘Hudson’).
Australia only: If you are living or looking for work in New South Wales we are required by law to advise you of the following:
- we must not charge you a fee for the purpose of finding employment;
- we must not engage in misleading or deceptive conduct (such as advertising a position as being available when we know that no such position exists, or knowingly giving misleading information to you about the nature of a position); and
- if you believe that we have acted inappropriately, you may contact the Office of Fair Trading for information on possible action that may be taken.
Last updated July 2016