Today contractor and temporary workers are a critical part of many workplaces. Organisations commonly rely on temporary workers and contractors to meet opportunities created by project work, periods of peak demand, annual leave and system updates.
Contracting is a preferred career choice for many job seekers and offers some great benefits, from increased flexibility to greater breadth of experience.
Whether you are looking to hire a contractor or are seeking your next career move, Hudson has a wide range of rewarding and diverse temporary and contracting opportunities in Australia and across the world.
Here are some great reasons why you should contract with Hudson:
- Hudson has extensive market coverage across a wide variety of industries.
- Our consultants are specialists in particular industries and professions so we know your market.
- We have preferred supplier and sole supplier arrangements with many leading organisations that rely on contract and temporary workers.
- As a result of our global presence we can help you find work in the countries in which Hudson operates.
- We also offer our contractors a range of extra benefits including:
- gym memberships, travel insurance, health insurance, mobile phone plans and travel discounts
- access to the Apple Corporate Employee Purchase Program - giving you special member discounts on Apple products
- preferential transaction fees on international money transfers and foreign exchange.
Top Tips for maximising your temporary and contracting opportunities with Hudson
Make your consultant your primary contact (even after you have a secured a role) this way we can track your availability and help you secure roles.
- If you have any problems with your assignment or new workplace, let your consultant and your supervisor know immediately.
- Be professional, pro-active and flexible.
- Understand the terms covering your contract or temporary assignments. If you have any questions your consultant will be happy to give you further guidance.
- Take note of your job description and tasks performed for each assignment, as you may need to update your resume several times a year and may not remember all of your duties from assignment to assignment.
Requirements for getting Contract and Temporary Jobs Through Hudson
All job seekers looking for temporary and contract roles with Hudson must provide proof of identification, plus any additional documents supporting your right to work in Australia (e.g. your work visa and/or passport).
You will also be asked to provide a copy of your resume, referee contact details, original copies of qualifications, as well as licences or certificates. If you are prepared to start work immediately, please also bring a copy of your Tax File Number and bank account details.
The payroll process, type of roles available and the current market are each discussed during your interview with your consultant. If you are successfully placed in an assignment, you will receive:
- details of your assignment
- terms of engagement with Hudson
- information on the payroll process
- any forms you are required to complete
- relevant contact details.